Lonely Planet con Lonely Planet Pocket Edinburgh (Travel Guide) (English Edition)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in the views and the history from Edinburgh Castle, shop, visit the queen's bedchamber at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, or stroll the ordered elegance of New Town; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Edinburgh and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers the Old Town, New Town, West End, Dean Village, Stockbridge, Leith, South Edinburgh, Holyrood, Arthur's Seat, Rosslyn Chapel and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh, a colourful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scotland guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.